RSES Releases Education Sessions for 2014 Conference
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. — The 77th Annual RSES Conference and HVACR Technology Expo is packed with educational sessions that will benefit all attendees. From Oct. 14-Oct. 18, conference attendees can choose from a number of sessions ranging in topics. The following sessions will be held Oct. 14-16:
- "Profit Management for HVACR Contractors," presented by Harlan "Skip" Krepcik, CMS, RCT, will help contractors read, understand and use information on typical financial statements.
- "CM Exam Preparation," presented by Jayson Goff, CMS, will review some of the key areas individuals seem to have the most problems with when taking the RSES Certificate Member exam.
- "The Reality of HVAC Energy Efficiency," presented by Bill Artis, will review current HVAC efficiency standards, the impact HVAC has on end-use energy consumption, examples of how facilities maintenance and HVAC service impacts operating efficiency, and more.
- "How Indoor Blower Motor Technology has Changed Airflow Diagnostics," presented by Christopher Mohalley, will address the operating characteristics of each type of motor related to air flow, energy savings, and application.
- "Inverter Technology and Variable Refrigerant Flow in North America," presented by Thomasena Philen, will discuss inverter-driven compressors and variable-refrigerant flow systems and how they impact the industry.
- "Refrigerant Management Program (RMP)," presented by ARB staff, will discuss the background, basis and objectives of the RMP. Staff will also discuss compliance service practices and examples of enforcement issues.
- "Which Filter will Work Correctly in this System?" presented by Alan Veeck, will cover 52.2, how and why we got to MERV, what it means and how you can use it to get other information, such as pressure drop.
- "Arc Flash Safety – PPE and Other Protective Equipment for Electrical Safety in the Workplace," presented by Frank Gregory, will present the dangers of arc flash, OSHA requirements, responsibilities and compliance.
- "The Right Tools for HVACR," presented by Tony Gonzalez, will encourage attendees to provide feedback about the current state of test tools in major testing categories for HVACR students and professionals.
- "Micro-Controls Link to Net Zero," presented by Timothy Muckey, CM, is intended for students and instructors, and will cover the application of micro-controls to reduce global footprint and meet net-zero energy goals.
For additional information, and to view a complete list, visit www.rses.org/conference/2014educationalsessions.aspx.