More About Us
Five years ago, we made a series of promises all aimed at becoming the most valuable resource for companies marketing to HVACR contractors.
We proposed accomplishing this feat by becoming the most valuable management-information resource to the most important people at HVACR contracting firms ... owners and corporate-level managers. The difficult-to-reach people involved in 8 out of 10 buying decisions.
Our business strategy was simple. Become the best management resource in the HVACR industry for the thing every business leader holds most dear ... their business. Almost every trade magazine talks about its management-related articles, but then hides them among news releases, product releases, job promotions, factory openings, case histories, engineering articles and vendor spotlights of little use to business leaders.
We proposed making business management-related information the sole focus of our editorial. We wanted to deliver reliable, how-to information from business management experts. Information small business leaders would rely on as they set out to improve their business performance.
After five years, it’s time to say ... Promises Kept.
- Fewer than one-third have a college degree.
- Over 58% started as technicians, not business leaders.
- Almost 71% rate learning about business management as their No. 1 concern.
- Product announcements and industry news are at the bottom of their list of informational needs.
Today, HVACR Business stands as the
only information resource totally dedicated to helping the leaders of
HVACR contracting firms improve their business performance. Every issue
is filled with articles from respected experts on leadership,
management, strategy, finance, sales, marketing, training, legal advice,
human resources and more.
84.1 percent of our 34,000 readers are owners and corporate-level managers of HVACR contracting companies. More importantly, they are involved with HVACR Business and loyal to the magazine that puts their needs first.
- 65% consider HVACR Business their best resource for business management information.*
- 61.9% read more than 3/4 of every issue.*
- 89.7% read more than half.*
- 97.7% would recommend HVACR Business to their friends.*
- 92.3% personally design, specify, buy, recommend or approve products for HVACR systems.*
Reaching these goals wasn’t easy, especially given recent economic
conditions. However, we kept making the necessary investments in
editorial, circulation and design. We kept searching for innovative
ideas and ways to build stronger links to the owners and corporate-
level managers of HVACR contracting firms. And in just five years, our
Head for Business has won the hearts of the people who matter most to your business.