Tjernlund Offers HVAC Contractors a Complete Radon Mitigation Product Line
Originally published: 11.27.12 by
Tjernlund Products recently introduced a family of seven radon mitigation products for HVAC contractors who want to expand their range of residential services to include radon mitigation.
This is first complete line of radon-reducing fans offered within easy reach of contractors through the company’s extensive nationwide network of HVAC, industrial supply and plumbing distributors, according to the company. Contractors are invited to sign up for a webinar on application and installation.
Radon is a radioactive gas residing in the ground that enters homes causing more than 20,000 deaths annually according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Using fans to exhaust radon laden air is the most common mitigation technique.
Tjernlund’s radon mitigation product line includes the following:
- Radon Vac Side Wall Vent ASD (Active Sub-Slab Depressurization) System that is designed to save material costs, reduce installation labor by over 50 percent and eliminate installation of PVC piping on the home exterior.
- P-Series High Performance In-Line Fans for roof terminated ASD systems feature high pressure air handling performance with low noise and low power usage.
- 16 Watt 4" Booster Fan In-Line Fan for roof terminated ASD systems improves the performance of passive radon exhaust stacks easily and inexpensively.
- RX2 Ventilator Basement and non-ventilated Crawl Space Fan can be set to exhaust radon laden air, supply fresh air, or positioned with one fan in each direction for a balanced air exchange.
- RV2 Ventilator Crawl Space Fan exhausts radon and other harmful soil gases and allows fresh outdoor air to replace them.
- Universal Fan Failure Alarm alerts the homeowner of a fan failure or ice blockage.
- Radon monitor and alarm continuously monitors for radon gas and displays current average radon level.
For more information: www.tjernlund.com
JanSan Manufacturing Introduces SpinDuct
JanSan Manufacturing Co., has introduced a residential and light commercial air duct cleaning system called the SpinDuct.
Multiplaz Welder, Cutter Using Tap Water
The Multiplaz 3500 is a multipurpose tool that uses a unique welding technology.
NuTone Introduces ES6BF 16 SEER Unit
NuTone has introduced the ES6BF 16 SEER air conditioner, an economical system that offers 16 SEER performance in a single-stage system.
Danfoss Introduces New Generation Actuators
Danfoss recently released its new generation of 435 Series Actuators, which will replace the prior AME 15QM series of actuator for the Danfoss AB-QM pressure independent control valve (PICV).
Honeywell Thermostat Allows Remote Temperature Control
Honeywell introduced its Wi-Fi VisionPRO, the first product in a family of Wi-Fi thermostats to roll out to distributors and contractors in the coming months.